IIMA - Course Catalogue
Data Science for Business
Production & Quantitative Methods
Prof. Ankur Sinha
Course Description & Objectives
Course content: The course content is a mix of optimization and data analysis tools with a focus on both algorithms and practical applications. The course takes a practice-based approach for teaching concepts and tools that are needed for making data driven decisions in business. Students with strong quantitative background and skills will be preferred in this course.
The objective of the course is to introduce various methods from the domains of machine learning and optimization that will be useful to make business decisions when faced with large amount of data. The objectives of the course are as follows:
1. Train the participants on handling both small and large amount of data and perform tasks such as classification and predictive modeling. The training will be useful in automating business operations decisions with the use of data.
2. Train the participants on using important data analysis and optimization libraries that are available off-the- shelf.
3. Give an insight to the participants on how data-driven ideas are being used to develop artificial intelligence technologies to enhance human potential and solve challenging problems using machines.
- This course will be primarily lecture based when it comes to covering the concepts. Computer programming will also be extensively used during and after the class to apply the concepts on real world datasets.
- The instructor will use Python scripting language as a medium to implement the machine learning models. A few sessions will be conducted to get the students started with Python.
© 2024 IIMA. All rights reserved