IIMA - Course Catalogue
Foundation Course in HRM
Human Resource Management
Prof. Biju Varkkey,
Prof. Manjari Singh
Course Description & Objectives
This course is meant to strength the conceptual understanding of Human Resource Management (including Employment Relations) of the participants. The course will also develop their appreciation of the methodological issues for doing research in this area. The main objectives
1. To develop a better understanding of the theoretical and practical frameworks of Strategic HRM.
2. To build up on their theoretical and practical conceptions regarding the importance of HRM during restructuring, mergers, and acquisitions.
3. To widen their knowledge regarding issues in International HRM.
4. To familiarise them with the role of technology as an enabler for HRM.
5. To learn conceptual frameworks related to Employment Relations Management
6. To sensitise them regarding diversity and inclusivity
7. To discuss about current developments in HRM theory and practice, like HR Outsourcing, HR Scorecard, Benchmarking, Balanced Scorecard, Risk Management and comparative HRM/ER.
© 2024 IIMA. All rights reserved