IIMA - Course Catalogue
Innovation, Live !
Prof. Apurva Nagpal (VF),
Prof. Arvind Sahay
Course Description & Objectives
The course is designed
1. To let the participant develop the ability to come up with out of the box solutions, innovations by understanding the broad process, rather than a set pattern of steps. While each step will be talked about, different cases will involve a different level of emphasis, depending on the case.
2. To develop and enhance participant’s concept writing and market research skills
3. To help student s under stand di f f erent innov at ion methodol ogi es, corporate decision making processes
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Be able to don an innovators hat, understand the process of innovation and the barriers against it which exist in most workplaces
2. Have the ability to focus marketing skills, learnt in the previous year, towards finalizing and launching a new product or service
o Case and Class Discussions
There will be minimal case material, with reliance on the in-classroom activity, including some with the corporate being present.
o Group Activity
The entire project is group based, with the class being split into groups right after the innovation brief is laid out in session two. However, there is plenty of scope for individual excellence to showcase itself and be evaluated
These sessions will allow us to examine various aspects and methods of innovation, the different corporate philosophies, especially of companies renowned for their innovation.
o Participant Limit
Participation will be limited to a total of 40 students, minimum 16 students needed with groups of 5-6 students
© 2024 IIMA. All rights reserved